Have been noticing over the last couple of years that hardwood trees, especially White Birch and Poplar of all sizes are bending over in the summertime. It seems to happen when it is most humid, but have not found the actual answer to this yet.
When driving down the highway, you can see whole stands of the same kind of trees bend over, sometimes, almost to the ground. Size does not seem to matter.
On small trails in the woods, it almost blocks passage.
This is something to look for next time you are driving the highway, in the summertime...
- ► 2016 (44)
- ► 2015 (46)
- ► 2014 (12)
- ► 2013 (25)
- ► 2012 (21)
- ► 2011 (27)
- Video of Asteroid Discoveries from 1980 to Present...
- Path of Celestial Objects In The Night Sky
- Cresent Moon-Venus-Mars-Saturn Conjunction
- Persid Meteor Shower
- Solar Observing Aug 2/10 1400hrs
- Bug Encounter
- Observing at Saint John, NB Aug 1/10
- Summertime Bending Trees
- Pics From The Road
- Beatles and Potatoe Bugs
- ▼ August (10)