Yesterday, I was watching daily planet and they were talking about where science is in regards to accomplishing fusion. They said that fusion is attainable, but not controllable. A Hydrogen Bomb is an example of fusion, only it is completely out of control. The Sun is powered by fusion.
Fusion is when there is enough pressure squeezing (center of the sun) Hydrogen atoms fuse together and become helium. The resulting energy blast is way more than the energy it took to squeeze the two hydrogen atoms together. This, if controlled, would open up a new world of possibilities.
The program was showing a new breakthrough in a method of concentrating lasers into a tiny place where they hope to ignite fusion.
As far as I can tell, when fusion occurs, energy (squeezing force) changes elements of matter from one form to another. If this power could be harnessed, I think it would be possible to actually make anything you want from a bunch of hydrogen. IE. food replicators like on Star Trek. The technology is not there yet, but, in theory it might be possible. Just a thought...
- ► 2017 (27)
- ► 2016 (44)
- ► 2015 (46)
- ► 2014 (12)
- ► 2013 (25)
- ► 2012 (21)
- ► 2011 (27)
- Fusion Theory
- Telescope Pics
- More Eastern Region Moon Pics
- South Polar Region Moon pics
- Funny Videos about global warming
- More info on Global Warming
- Happy Birthday to Me!
- Prince of Wales, NB Nov 1, 2009
- Two members of our household zoo
- Halloween 2009
- Kitten hunts turtle.
- This is my telescope and a couple of moon pics.
- Pic taken Oct 9, 2009 at 0830. 150mm Newtonian ...
- Food riots caused by corn based fuel
- This has been under-reported
- My view of H1N1 vaccine
- H1N1 vaccine side effects
- Floride in Tape Water
- My First Blog
- ▼ January (22)