Twitter

Thursday, October 6, 2016

SATURN NEAR MOON OCTOBER 5, 2016

Location:  Front Yard, Little Lepreau, NB, Canada

Date Time:  October 5, 2016 1945-2030 hrs

Weather:  Slight haze, clear, no wind, no bugs, 8C.

Attendance:  Carla M, David McCashion

Equipment:  Canon Rebel Xsi with 18-55mm and 75-300mm lenses.  All on tripod.

Objective:  To view and image Saturn and a Crescent Moon which was reported to be near Saturn.

Report:

  • Evening twilight revealed a nice pairing of Mars in Sagittarius very close to one the constellations main stars.  
  • Saturn was close to a 21% illuminated Moon.  Earthshine could be seen across the other 79%.
  • Venus was very low in the West during observing and dropped out of sight by 2015hrs.
Images:






No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers