Date Time: October 11, 2016 0630-0715hrs
Weather: Clear, cool, frost, no wind 2C.
Equipment: Canon Rebel Xsi with 18-55mm lens on tripod.
Objective: To view and image a close pairing of Jupiter and Mercury which were suppose to be rising in the East before sunup and around 1 degree apart.
- At 0630 hrs there was no sign of the Mercury/Jupiter conjunction. By 0715 hrs there was much light and still no sign of the conjunction. Might have been behind the many trees and structures in the way on the Eastern horizon.
- Orion was high in the SSE over the big tree in the front yard.
- Leo was rising in the East.
- Ursa Major was high in the NE standing on its handle.
- No shooting stars or Satellites were seen.