Date Time: November 16, 2015 1730-2200hrs
Weather: Mostly cloudy early to mostly clear by 1900hrs, a very cold 2C with a windchill -4C,, some light breeze to no wind. Looked like rain was possible early on. Snowed earlier on through the day a little.
Attendance: Brandon H, David M.
Equipment: Canadian Telescopes 80ED/APO on Vixen Alt Az mount with 2" 32mm eyepiece. Samsung Nexus 4 cellphone camera with Ioptron cellphone adapter with 15mm eyepiece and a Canon Rebel Xsi DSLR camera with adapter to connect to telescope.
Objective: To image and view the Crescent Moon.
- Brandon and I had a nice view of a Crescent Moon which was fairly high up, inbetween clouds early in the evening. Many craters could be seen as well as Earthshine. Brandon noted that stars could be seen next to the Moon in the eyepiece field of view. Many images of Moon were taken with cellphone camera and DSLR camera.
- We also had a very nice view of M45. Brandon noted the shape of this star cluster and the tightness of the grouping. A couple of images were taken with cellphone camera.
- Searched for M13, but it was too low, behind some trees in the NW.
- Searched around for M15 but couldn't find it.
- As we were playing 21 basketball game, Brandon seen two shooting stars. Might have seen one out of the corner of my eye.
- No satellites were seen.
|M45 with cellphone camera attached to telescope.|