Twitter

Saturday, November 9, 2013

FLORIDA BIRD SIGHTED IN NEW BRUNSWICK

Was talking on the phone about 5pm on Nov 7 when I noticed this bird walking on our front lawn.  Wasn't sure what the official name of this kind of bird was, but did recognize it from my trips to Florida.  I've never seen this bird north of Florida, but after doing some Google research, found out that its called a Snowy Egret and its range is from Florida to Virginia.

There were strong southerly winds for about 3 days which probably explains its presence.  It sometimes happens that southern birds and sea creatures will venture north when warm winds and ocean currents blow north.

Just as a point of interest...While driving home from St George on Nov4 at around 4pm at around Penfield, NB, three of us witnessed an genuine 'Black Cat' eastern cougar on the road in front of us.  It ran down the road about 100 yards ahead of us for about a solid minute before hoping into a thicket.  Sadly I didn't get a picture, because I thought it was a dog until I seen it hop sideways into the woods.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive