This is the probe that landed on an asteroid and hopefully took samples, then returned to earth. The whole process took years to complete and experienced many difficulties along the way.
When last reported, they obtained a video of the probe re-entering our atmosphere like a shooting star. They found it and I have not been able to ascertain if they have actually opened it yet. For pictures of it laying in the desert in Australia go to this site...
- ► 2016 (44)
- ► 2015 (46)
- ► 2014 (12)
- ► 2013 (25)
- ► 2012 (21)
- ► 2011 (27)
- HAYABUSA Update...
- Things to Look For...
- Pics and Video From The Road
- Interesting Space Pics
- Japanese Space Probe (Hayabusa) Update
- Moon Pics June 19/10@2300
- Observing Report for 15-16 June/10
- Irving Nature Park Observing Pics for 15-16 June/1...
- Awsome Images of Historic Japenese Space Probe Re-...
- Comet C/2009 R1 (McNaught) In Early Dawn Skies
- Asteroid Flies By Earth
- Observing On The Road
- 26 May Observing Pics
- Observing Report for 26 May/10
- ▼ June (14)