Tuesday, June 8, 2010
Comet C/2009 R1 (McNaught) In Early Dawn Skies
This green comet is going to be an excellent backyard telescope target until July 2/10 when it gets too close to the sun. It is a very early riser, though.
It rises after 2AM in the NE. At the same time a crescent Moon is in the east and Jupiter and Uranus are very close together in the SE. I am going to try to get some pictures, if the weather co-operates.
Picture taken from http://www.spaceweather.com/
- ► 2016 (44)
- ► 2015 (46)
- ► 2014 (12)
- ► 2013 (25)
- ► 2012 (21)
- ► 2011 (27)
- HAYABUSA Update...
- Things to Look For...
- Pics and Video From The Road
- Interesting Space Pics
- Japanese Space Probe (Hayabusa) Update
- Moon Pics June 19/10@2300
- Observing Report for 15-16 June/10
- Irving Nature Park Observing Pics for 15-16 June/1...
- Awsome Images of Historic Japenese Space Probe Re-...
- Comet C/2009 R1 (McNaught) In Early Dawn Skies
- Asteroid Flies By Earth
- Observing On The Road
- 26 May Observing Pics
- Observing Report for 26 May/10
- ▼ June (14)